JUNE 30, 2020 AT 11:59:59 (PT).
AEC EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2020
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
THE AEC EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2020 IS A SKILL-BASED COMPETITION.
PARTICIPATION IS LIMITED TO ORGANIZATIONS/FIRMS AND INDIVIDUALS (NATURAL PERSONS)
WORKING WITHIN THE ARCHITECTURE-ENGINEERING-CONSTRUCTION (AEC)
INDUSTRY SECTOR. SEE RULE 2 BELOW FOR COMPLETE ELIGIBILITY DETAILS.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The AEC Excellence Awards 2020 (the “Competition,” “Contest,” or “Promotion”) is a skill-based competition presented by Autodesk Inc. (the “Sponsor”) that recognizes projects and people around the world that embrace the future of making with the use of innovative technology including Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Autodesk software in the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) industry. This year’s Competition includes industry categories in Infrastructure Design, Building Design, and Construction (each an “Industry Category”). Each Industry Category will include large, medium, and small size project category awards (each a “Project Category”). See all Project Categories in Table 4A below.
Projects may be submitted for consideration by completing an Official Entry Form (the “Project Entry”) at www.aecexcellence.com (the “Contest Site”). The person designated as the team leader on the Project Entry must be a representative of the Organization/Firm named on the Project Entry and must have the authority to represent and bind the Organization/Firm with respect to the Project Entry, and will be referred to herein as the “Entrant” or “Team Leader.” All Entrants are subject to the conditions and limitations on eligibility set forth in these Official Rules.
In addition, as evidence of their commitment to innovation through technology, the Sponsor will present an “Innovator of the Year” award to one nominated individual who utilizes emerging technology and innovative processes that are new to the industry (a “Nominee”). Anyone 18 years of age or older may nominate an eligible Nominee by completing a Nomination Form (a “Nomination”) at www.aecexcellence.com. The person who submits a Nomination will be referred to herein as the “Nominator.” Nominees may nominate themselves. Nominations can only be submitted into the Innovator of the Year category and are subject to the conditions and limitations on eligibility set forth in these Official Rules.
All Winners will be honored at the AEC Excellence Awards celebration in November 2020 at Autodesk University in Las Vegas, NV USA.
1. PROGRAM TIMING: Entry submission into the Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (PT) on April 15, 2020 and ends June 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM PT (the “Entry Period”). The Administrator’s clock is the official timekeeping device for this Contest. There are a series of Contest related events which will start and end on or about the dates noted in the events calendar below:
|ENTRY SUBMISSION (PROJECT ENTRIES AND INNOVATOR OF THE YEAR NOMINATIONS)
|April 15, 2020
12:00:01 AM PT
|June 30, 2020
11:59:59 PM PT
|JUDGES’ SELECTION OF PROJECT AND INNOVATOR OF THE YEAR FINALISTS
|FINALIST NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION||July/August, 2020|
|FINALIST ANNOUNCEMENT||September 2020|
|WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT||October 2020|
|AEC EXCELLENCE AWARD CEREMONY AT AUTODESK UNIVERSITY||November 17-19, 2020|
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open to Firms and Individuals (natural persons) who are users of Autodesk software and work within the Architecture-Engineering-Construction (AEC) industry sector. Entrant’s respective Firm and Nominees must be domiciled in one of the following countries/regions: Afghanistan, Australia, Argentina, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macao, Mainland China, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, or Vietnam; and must have a commercial license for the requisite Autodesk software for their Project Entry prior to April 15, 2020. See Rule 4A for a list of Autodesk Product Requirements for each Project Category. Entrant must have the authority to represent and bind the Organization/Firm named on the Project Entry. Entrant/Team Members/Nominees must be at least 18 years of age (and age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence). Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Autodesk Inc., the Co-Sponsors, Judges, Channel Partners, their affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies, including Marden-Kane, Inc., and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively “Released Parties”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are not eligible. For purposes of this Contest, the term “family member” is defined as spouse, partner, parent, legal guardian, in-law, grandparent, child, or grandchild. Also ineligible to participate are any parties who are under any obligation, contractual or otherwise, that would prohibit the Entrant and/or Nominee from accepting a Prize/Award. Projects and Innovator of the Year nominees that have previously won an AEC Excellence Award are not eligible to win in this Contest.
3. AGREEMENT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Contest by an Entrant, Nominee, or Nominator constitutes their full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s, Judges’, and Administrator’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. The selection of Winners is subject to verification of eligibility as noted herein and receipt of a Prize/Award is contingent upon fulfilling all applicable requirements set forth herein.
4. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: Beginning April 15, 2020, visit www.aecexcellence.com and follow the instructions to create an account. Once you have created an account, you may start a Project Entry or submit a Nomination for the Innovator of the Year award (each an “Entry”). For Project Entries, Entrant/Team Leader may invite via the Contest Site up to five (5) individuals (who must meet eligibility requirements as set forth herein) (each a “Team Member”) to work on the Project Entry. Only the Entrant/Team Leader will be able to submit a completed Project Entry. All Project Entries and Nominations must be submitted via the Contest Site and received by 11:59:59 PM PT on June 30, 2020. All Entries must comply with all Requirements, Conditions of Entry, and the instructions set forth on the Contest Site (which are incorporated herein by reference). Determination of compliance will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor/Judges/Administrator, whose decisions are final. Entrants may submit up to five (5) Project Entries. A project may be submitted into more than one Project Category as long as it meets the category’s requirements; however, a Project can only win once.
A. PROJECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
A Project Entry must qualify as either a large, medium, or small size project based on the total project cost in U.S. Dollars as indicated in the table below.
|Large Project||Over $500,000,000||Over $200,000,000||Over $500,000,000|
|Medium Project||$100,000,000 - $500,000,000||$20,000,000 - $200,000,000||$100,000,000 - $500,000,000|
|Small Project||Less than $100,000,000||Less than $20,000,000||Less than $100,000,000|
Autodesk Product Requirements:
The Project submitted must be created with at least one of the following Autodesk® software products and/or Autodesk® accepted previous versions of these products: Assemble, Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Advance Steel, Autodesk® AEC Collection, Autodesk® AutoCAD®, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoCAD Raster Design, AutoCAD mobile app, and AutoCAD web app, Autodesk® BIM 360® Build, Autodesk® BIM 360® Coordinate, Autodesk® BIM 360® Cost Management, Autodesk® BIM 360® Design, Autodesk® BIM 360® Docs, Autodesk® BIM 360® Field, Autodesk® BIM 360® Glue®, Autodesk® BIM 360® Layout, Autodesk® BIM 360® Ops, Autodesk® BIM 360® Plan, Autodesk® Civil 3D®, Autodesk® Drive, Autodesk® Dynamo Studio or Dynamo for Revit®, Autodesk® Fabrication CADMep™, Autodesk® Fabrication CAMduct™, Autodesk® Fabrication ESTmep™, Autodesk® FormIt, Autodesk® InfraWorks®, Autodesk® Insight™, Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage, Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate, Autodesk® ReCap™ Pro, Autodesk® Rendering, Autodesk® Revit LT®, Autodesk® Revit®, Autodesk® Revit® Live, Autodesk® Robot™ Structural Analysis Professional, Autodesk® Structural Bridge Design, Autodesk® Vehicle Tracking, BuildingConnected® BC Pro, BuildingConnected® Bid Board Pro, BuildingConnected® TradeTapp, PlanGrid.
Each Project Entry must be complete and contain all required supporting information and Project details, along with Project imagery/renderings/ photographs. Videos of the Project are encouraged but not required.
Imagery and Videos must adhere to the following requirements:
- At least three (3) but no more than five (5) images or photographs must be submitted with each Entry.
- Images/Photos should be no larger than 10MB.
- Images/Photos accepted file formats: JPG, PNG or TIF.
- Images must be high resolution, single, dynamic images; no collages (a collage is an image that is created from more than 1 image).
- Use imagery that is relevant to your Project story’s context. The image can be a rendering, model, and/or a before and/or after scene of the final Project.
- Avoid text or logos on images.
- Videos are optional. No more than five (5) videos may be submitted with each Entry.
- Videos should be no larger than 600MB and must not exceed 5 minutes. If a video is more than 5 minutes, only the first 5 minutes will be reviewed by the judges.
- Video accepted file formats: MP4, MPEG and WAV; MP4 videos are preferred.
- Video should be hi-resolution (looks sharp on screen), 1920x1080.
Additional Entry Requirements for each Project Category:
- Infrastructure Design submissions may illustrate a specific project phase, such as Surveying, Planning, Design, Pre-construction, Virtual Design in Construction, or multiple project phases within the overall Project. Submissions should demonstrate use of technology and process change in a way that improved the overall productivity and project workflow, data/information or delivery of a project.
- Each project submitted by the Entrant should pertain to the planning, designing, building, or managing of Infrastructure projects. For purposes of this program, Infrastructure is any project in the following segments:
- Transportation: airports, ports, rail, transit, or roads and highways. These projects can include structural (tunnels, bridges, buildings), civil, and geotechnical components.
- Land, site, or survey: commercial sites, subdivisions, public parks and recreation, urban planning. Judges will not consider visualizations around an architectural project as a land project unless there are specific civil or geotechnical design elements included in the submission.
- Other civil structures: lock & dam, levees.
- Water: dams, hydropower, water or waste-water treatment, water distribution, water resources
- Plant Design: oil & gas, chemical, food & beverage, pharmaceutical, water.
- Building Design submissions may illustrate a specific project phase, such as conceptual/computational design, detailed design, Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA), or multiple project phases within the overall Project. Submissions should demonstrate use of technology and process change in a way that improved the overall productivity and project workflow, data/information, or delivery of a project.
- Each project submitted by the Entrant should pertain to the planning, designing, building, or managing of Building projects. For purposes of this program, Building is any project in the following segments:
- Commercial: hotels, shopping centers, office buildings, convention centers.
- Residential: apartment complexes, housing units.
- Other: mixed-use buildings (ex. residential/commercial), parking structures, religious buildings, medical buildings, educational buildings (colleges, museums, theaters), government buildings.
- Construction submissions may illustrate a specific project phase, such as planning and logistics, preconstruction, construction, field management, commissioning and handover, facility management, or multiple project phases within the overall Project. Submissions should demonstrate use of technology and process change in a way that improved the overall productivity and project workflow, data/information, or delivery of a project.
- Each project submitted by the Entrant should pertain to building construction and/or infrastructure construction. Construction submissions may illustrate any building or infrastructure construction project that used Autodesk technology for construction management on the field to help reduce onsite risk in quality, safety, time, money, and/or to help with preconstruction coordination.
B. ‘INNOVATOR OF THE YEAR’ NOMINATIONS: During the Entry Period, visit www.aecexcellence.com, select the ‘Innovator of the Year’ category and follow the instructions to complete the online Nomination Form and submit a Nomination Entry. You will be required to provide the complete name, country of residence, and email of the Nominee, along with the Nominee’s affiliated Organization/Firm. The Nominee must be someone known personally to you and you must have your Nominee’s permission to enter him/her for purposes of this Competition. You will then be asked to provide an essay describing how your Nominee is adopting emerging technologies and processes (such as generative design, design for manufacture and assembly, AR/VR, geospatial + BIM data, drones, modular/offsite construction, IoT/sensors, robotics, artificial intelligence/machine learning, reality capture/scan to BIM, etc.) to transform design and/or construction processes for their project, company, or industry in a positive way.
All Entries must meet the Conditions of Entry set forth herein.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY/NOMINATION:
- Entry must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on June 30, 2020.
- Entrant must follow the instructions for submitting an Entry as set forth on the Contest Site.
- Entry must be original and must not contain any advertisement or solicitation.
- Content submitted must not contain any material that may, in the sole judgment of Sponsor or Administrator, infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks owned by others.
- Content submitted must not violate any third party’s publicity or privacy rights. If an Entry contains the name, likeness, image, video, and/or written or spoken words of any third party, including Nominee, the Entrant must obtain the third-party’s written consent to include such materials in the Entry prior to submitting the Entry.
- Content submitted cannot communicate messages inconsistent with the messages, policies, and/or goodwill with which the Sponsor wishes to associate, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Content submitted cannot contain material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise violate any applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, rules, treaty or regulations.
- Entry must not contain confidential/trade secrets or proprietary information or violate the terms of your employment or that of a Nominee/Nominee’s employment.
- By entering, Entrant/Nominator represents and warrants that (i) he/she has obtained all of the necessary rights, licenses, and permissions from any person who may have helped or participated in the creation of the Entry; (ii) that the Entrant/Nominator has the right/permission to agree to these Official Rules and to grant the rights referred to in these Official Rules (free from any encumbrances and/or third-party rights); (iii) that the Entry conforms to these Official Rules, the requirements of the Contest Site and is not subject to any third party agreement(s); and (iv) that the Sponsor or its agencies will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity, including without limitation, any copyright collecting societies or holders of copyrights, neighboring rights, or moral rights, or to persons representing such, as a result of Sponsor’s (or it’s agent’s) use or exploitation of Entry materials or rights therein.
- By entering, Entrant/Nominator represents and warrants that he/she has obtained appropriate consent from the Project Owner for use of the Project (or in the case of a Nomination, the consent from the Nominee) and any information included in the Entry that may be proprietary to such Project Owner/Nominee or any third-party prior to submitting the Entry, and if requested by the Sponsor or Administrator, be able to provide appropriate permission and releases.
- By entering, Entrant/Nominator expressly grants Sponsor certain rights to use the Entry in marketing and promotion and to sublicense these rights to, among others, the Co-Sponsors of this Contest.
- By entering, Entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all Conditions of Entry.
Sponsor or Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including the determination that an Entry fails to satisfy any of the Project Entry Requirements, Conditions of Entry, or is inconsistent with the goals, image, or policies of the Sponsor. Any Entry not submitted in accordance with the instructions provided on the Contest Site (which are incorporated herein by reference) shall not be considered for the Contest, and none of the Released Parties shall bear any responsibility for any such invalid/incomplete entries.
5. JUDGING AND WINNER DETERMINATION:
A. Project Entries: Eligible Project Entries received within each of the nine (9) Project Categories will be judged by an international panel of industry judges to determine up to three (3) Finalists in each Project Category. Judging will be based on the judging criteria for each respective Project Category, as outlined below (“Judging Criteria”). The Finalist with the highest score in each of the nine (9) respective Project Categories will be deemed potential “Project Entry” winners, subject to eligibility verification.
- INFRASTRUCTURE DESIGN: project complexity; sustainability and impact; use of models to visually communicate on projects, collaborate with stakeholders on any stage of the project; use of Autodesk technology; use of emerging technology and innovative processes, i.e., utilization of geospatial data in design, plus use of generative design, AR/VR, Virtual Design in Construction (VDC).
- BUILDING DESIGN: project complexity; multidiscipline collaboration; sustainability and impact; use of Autodesk technology; use of emerging technology and innovative processes, i.e., Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA), generative design, prefabrication, AR/VR.
- CONSTRUCTION: benefits of model-based workflows; use of integrated technology; use of Autodesk technology; use of sustainable construction practices; use of emerging technology and innovative processes, i.e., modular construction, automation, robotics, AI and machine learning, sensors, IoT, AR/VR.
In the event of a tie at any point during the judging process, a judge determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will evaluate the tied Entries based on the respective Judging Criteria to break the tie. In the event an insufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries are received in any one Project Category, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner from any other Project Category. Sponsor and Judges' decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
B. Innovator of the Year Nomination Entries - Judging of all eligible Nomination Entries received will be conducted by an international panel of industry judges to determine the winner of the Innovator of the Year Award. All Entries will be evaluated based on the following judging criteria:
- Use of Autodesk technology – a user of Autodesk’s latest technology.
- A person who is championing the use of emerging technology in their company or industry to increase productivity and efficiencies.
- Use of Emerging Technology– one who experiments with emerging technology trends (i.e., generative design, Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA), AR/VR, geospatial + BIM data, drones, prefabrication, modular/offsite construction, IoT/sensors, robotics, AI, machine learning for data driven decisions, etc.) to lead, change, transform the design and/or construction process for their project, company, or industry in a positive way.
- Innovative processes - Implementing process change in a way that improved the overall productivity and project workflow, data/information, or delivery of a project.
As part of the judging process, Nominees may be required to provide additional information relating to both the Nominee and his/her Organization at Sponsor’s request. The judging panel will then re-evaluate each Nominee based on the additional information garnered to determine the Nominee who will receive the Innovator of the Year Award.
6. NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION PROCESS: Finalists will be notified in late July/early August via email. The Entrant/Team Leader named on the potential winning Project Entry and the Nominee named on the potential winning Innovator of the Year Nomination Entry will be required to sign and return to Administrator within seven (7) days of notification an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and where legal, Publicity Release. Potential winners and remaining Finalists may be required to provide additional documentation in order to validate eligibility and/or execute additional documentation with regard to the use of the Entry materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If it is determined that any Entry has not complied with these Official Rules, Administrator is unable to contact a Potential Winner within a reasonable time period, Potential Winner has failed to properly execute and return any required documents within the specified time period, or has made false statements, or if a Potential Winner declines the prize, then such Entry will be disqualified and the Finalist with the next highest-scoring Entry will be notified, time permitting. Administrator/Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Potential Winner/Finalist at any time, in their sole discretion, in the event circumstances arise that would constitute a breach of these Official Rules or otherwise.
7. PRIZE/AWARDS: Each winning Project Entry will receive a Prize package consisting of a 4-day/3-night trip for two individuals to Las Vegas, NV, USA to attend Autodesk University on November 17-19, 2020 where they will be honored at an AEC Excellence Awards ceremony. The prize includes round-trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest the traveler’s home (up to USD $1,000 per person maximum), 3 nights’ hotel accommodations, 2 room(s)/single occupancy, and two (2) Autodesk University Conference Passes. Additionally, winners will receive international media exposure by leading industry publications, a featured article about the project and your company, and award recognition on Autodesk.com and through extensive global social media promotions. Total approximate retail value (ARV) of each prize package offered is USD $7,432 ($3,716 per person).
The winner of the Innovator of the Year Award will receive a 4-day/3-night trip to Las Vegas, NV, USA for the winner to attend Autodesk University on November 17-19, 2020 where he/she will be honored at an AEC Excellence Awards ceremony. This prize award includes round-trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest the nominee’s home (up to USD $1,000 maximum), 3 nights’ hotel accommodations, 1 room/single occupancy and one (1) Autodesk University Conference Pass. Total approximate retail value (ARV) is USD $3,716. As a condition of award, the Winner of the ‘Innovator of the Year Award,’ at Sponsor’s request must partake in activities pertaining to his/her nomination. There is no monetary value associated with the ‘Innovator of the Year’ Award other than the travel components.
FOR ALL PRIZES/AWARDS: Details of any prize/award not specified herein are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and complete terms and conditions of prizes will be disclosed to the winner at time of prize award. Sponsor will not be responsible for any portion of a prize that may not be available due to any event beyond Sponsor’s control.
Winner(s) are solely responsible for all other expenses including but not limited to luggage fees, travel documents, travel insurance, incidentals, and items of a personal nature, gratuities, and any other expenses not specified in these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated, or stolen travel documents. Travelers must possess required travel documents (e.g., government-issued photo ID, passport, visa, etc.) prior to travel. Prize may be forfeited if (a) proper travel documents for any and all travel are unattainable for any reason within the time required by the Sponsor, or (b) if any immigration or travel documentation complications arise which prohibit a Winner from traveling to, or from the stated destination. In the latter event, Winner will be solely responsible for arranging and paying for travel back to their point of origin. Winners are solely responsible for determining and complying with all applicable international/domestic travel procedures and restrictions. Specifics of this travel package are subject to availability and remain solely at the discretion of the Sponsor. Travel must be made through the Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice and is subject to availability. If any Winner is unable to attend the Trip after it is booked for any reason, no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such Winner.
All prize values are based on the US Dollar (USD) and exchange rates will be based on the above stated values. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the Winners. All federal, state, local, provincial, and other tax liabilities (including income and withholding taxes) and any other taxes in connection with receipt of a Prize/Award will be the responsibility of the Winners. The approximate retail value of prizes stated herein is based on the fair market value at the time the Official Rules were printed. The actual value of the trip portion of the Prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and point of departure. Winners are not entitled to any difference between the ARV stated herein and the actual value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded. If there is any restriction to receiving a prize in the country of a winner, an alternate prize may be provided. Limit one Prize per Project. No transfer or substitution of Prize/Award by Winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize/Award in whole or in part, of equal or greater value, if such Prize/Award cannot be awarded.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. All submitted information is subject to verification. Sponsor may assign, delegate, subcontract, or transfer any of its rights or obligations hereunder and may authorize any direct or indirect affiliate of Sponsor to act as Sponsor’s agent for purposes of this Agreement, including fulfillment of prizes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant/Nominee, the Entry will be deemed to have been made by the registered account holder of the e-mail address provided on the Entry Form. A registered account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the Entry in question may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By participating in this Contest, Entrants, Team Members, Nominators, and Nominees agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Entrants and Nominators producing and submitting materials for consideration in this Contest will do so without compensation and at their own risk. By entering, all participants, including but not limited to each Entrant, Nominator, Nominee, and other participants named as a Team Member/collaborator on an Entry, release, discharge, and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising from or in connection with this Contest, the use of any Contest Entry, or the acceptance or use of any Prize/Award. Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any of the following: (a) Electronic transmissions, Entries that are late, incomplete, inaudible, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (b) Any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures, and/or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of Entries or related materials; or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries or related material; (c) Failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, or telephone transmissions, damage to any person’s computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from participation in this Contest, or (d) Causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest; (e) Any printing errors in these Official Rules, the Contest Site, or in any advertisements, materials, or correspondence in connection with this Contest; or (f) any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property misappropriation or infringement attributable to Entrant/Nominator/Nominee or any entry submitted by Entrant or Nominator. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend this Contest should virus, bugs, fraud, hacking, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, or if other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration of security of the Contest. In such cases, notice to this effect will be posted on the Contest Site and the eligible Entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor will be judged to determine Winners. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRY/GRANT OF RIGHTS: The Entrant will retain ownership of all intellectual and industry property rights in all materials submitted to the Contest. However, by submitting an Entry, Entrant waives all rights that may preclude Sponsor from using Entry and related materials or information. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agencies, to the extent allowed by law, the irrevocable right to use, publish, adapt, assign, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Entry and the concepts embodied therein in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide, without limitation or compensation to the Entrant or his/her affiliated Organization/Firm. By submitting an Entry and/or accepting a prize/award, Entrant/winner gives permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use the Entrant’s/winner’s name, voice, actual or simulated likeness, Entry and biographical information along with the names of the entities named on their Entry (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without further review, notice, approval or compensation unless prohibited by law.
11. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: Unless the laws relevant for the domicile of the Entrant/Entrant’s Firm/Organization/Nominator/Nominee provide otherwise, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California (and to the extent controlling, the federal laws of the United States of America) without reference to the conflicts-of-laws rules thereof. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Entrants, Nominators, and Nominees agree that any claim, action or dispute arising under or relating to this Agreement will be brought exclusively in (and the parties will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of) the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Marin, or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in San Francisco. By entering the Contest, each Entrant, Nominator, and Nominee submits to the jurisdiction of those courts and waives any objection to those courts, whether on the basis of jurisdiction, venue, inconvenience of the forum, or otherwise. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, nothing will prevent the Sponsor from bringing an action for infringement of intellectual property rights in any country were such infringement is alleged to occur. If any provision of these Rules is invalid under the law, rules, or regulations of a particular country, it will only apply to the extent permitted. In addition to the tax liability disclosures in these rules, Contest winners are subject to abide by the income reporting and, if applicable, the payment of any taxes due per the laws, rules and regulations of the winners’ country of residence. By entering and participating in the Contest, Entrants, Nominator, and Nominees hereby expressly agree and accept that for all that is related to the interpretation, performance, and enforcement of these Official Rules, each of them expressly submit themselves to the laws of the United States of America and to the jurisdiction of the competent courts in the County of Marin, in the State of California, United States of America, expressly waiving to any other jurisdiction that could correspond to them by virtue of their present or future domicile or by virtue of any other cause.
12. PERSONAL DATA: Your personal information will be used in accordance with the Autodesk Privacy Statement and these Official Rules for the purposes of administering this Contest and in promotional and/or sales materials of Autodesk as described in the Contest Permission Form. FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA, UNITED KINGDOM, AND SWITZERLAND, note that all Entrant’s data will be transferred outside of the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland to the United States. Autodesk is certified under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, regulated frameworks set up for the approved transfer of personal data between the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland and the United States. If you wish to be removed from Administrator’s database, click here.
13. WINNERS: Finalists will be featured on the Contest Site in late August/early September, 2020. The Winners will be officially announced in October 2020 via a special Winners announcement and on the Contest Site following the official announcement at the Awards Ceremony. The Awards Ceremony will be held at Autodesk University in Las Vegas, November 17-19, 2020
14. MISCELLANEOUS: In the event of any conflict between the English version of these Official Rules and any translation, the English version shall prevail. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision herein shall not affect in any way the validity and enforceability of any other provision in these Official Rules.
©2020 Marden-Kane, Inc. All rights reserved. These Official Rules may not be copied, edited or used for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise without the express written consent of Marden-Kane, Inc.